Pages

Saturday 8 November 2014

The 6 Month Mark

Today marks 6 months since my birth mom and I connected on the phone for the very first time. I still remember quite vividly that initial conversation which seemed surreal, that I felt I was peeking in on someone else's story. It was hard to imagine or fathom that the woman on the other end of the phone line was my very own birth mother with whom I had never even spoken until now.

Our conversations today are very different. Once in a while I still get that odd feeling of looking in on someone else's narrative, but for the most part, I know and feel that this is my story, our story, and most of all God's story played out in our lives. Pam is a very real presence in my life, and our conversations are no longer surreal. She is not only my mother, but also my encourager, supporter, teacher and friend. She bears with my complaints and she laughs with me over my follies. She does not judge when I shift from laughter to tears, and she understands me when at times I cannot put the words together to adequately express my overwhelming feelings. I reached out to her 6 months ago, just to simply thank her and let her know I was okay. And as unemotional as it sounds, I didn't really need her at that time. But now when I reach out to her, I fully realize that I do need her, and I am so thankful that she is in my life, she has become a very real part of our family, and I of hers. We marvel at what has happened in these past 6 months, and we are excited at what is yet to come.







1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, a fine example of trusting God when we can't predict the outcome

    ReplyDelete