Pages

Thursday 18 September 2014

Mom, meet Mom.

I had the incredible opportunity and privilege of introducing two very special women to one another.
One mother loved me enough to give me up.
Another mother loved me enough to make me her own.
On Friday, those two women met for the first time, and what a precious moment that was. My Canadian mom was in good spirits, good health and very good humour. In addition to her non-stop senior-style chatter, she was able to clearly express to my island mom that she is not jealous at all over me finding her and she is quite happy to share me with Pam. They were able to genuinely thank one another for what they had each done for me. What a blessing that there is much rejoicing in this reunion from both sides! I'm in awe over how all of this is unfolding.
While I may not have had the presence of a father for quite some time now, I'm so pleased to say that I am now blessed with two very beautiful moms in my life instead!

2 comments:

  1. The twinkle, serenity and sensitivity in their eyes truly reflects the beauty in the souls of these two wonderful ladies and moms....I am truly touched and amazed at the the strength and love your moms have. Your gratitude and appreciation for these amazing women, and life itself, exudes through your words. So happy for you Gwen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement, Dimitra! And yes, definitely two strong, loving, amazing women. I am blessed. :)

      Delete