Pages

Friday 27 June 2014

One More Sleep!

One more sleep.

Well, half a sleep actually, since we have to be up by 4am. But hey, I haven't had a full night's sleep since May 8th when Pamela, my birth mom, and I first connected, so what's one more night of only 4 or 5 hours?

Many people have asked how Ed and the kids are feeling about all of this. We're all pretty excited. I think Ed has told pretty much every customer and friend by now. It's a really special moment for our family and I have him to thank as one of the people for getting the ball rolling on this whole adventure.

Justin has emptied his go-pro camera card so he is ready to record this incredible, upcoming week. Jessica is ready to work on her tan while getting to know her new family.  Adam needed to know the plan of how tomorrow will go once I wake him up at 4:00, and Laura, well she's pretty excited to meet "GramPam" and she's marked this day on her bedroom calendar since May.


Me? Hearing "Gwendolyn, I'll get to hold you in my arms tomorrow, baby" was enough to make my heart melt when Pam and I talked on the phone tonight. Tomorrow, my dear island Mom, tomorrow.

One more sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you much strength tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jerome! It will be a memorable, emotional day, but I'm so looking forward to it. It will be worth every kleenex. ;)

      Delete
  2. So excited for you!!! Wish I was there to give you my sister hug to send you off. You are definitely in my heart, thoughts and prayers. Hugs to Ed and the kids too. What an amazing journey.

    ReplyDelete