Pages

Thursday 4 December 2014

Peace and Joy

The advent season is upon us. At this time of the year, in addition to the Santas and snowmen, we'll see the words hope, love, joy and peace on a variety of items from Christmas cards to festive ornaments. These are some of my most inspirational words, and I have them hanging up on my living room wall all year long.

The other night, while speaking with my birth mom, those words came alive for me. It really struck me how my intent was simply to bring peace to her life in knowing that I was okay and that I was thankful for what she did for me. Never did I expect there to be such joy in the reunion, for the both of us! It's really quite a miracle that the simple hope I had in connecting with her has blossomed into a living relationship. It's truly a relationship of love. Both of our lives have been altered as we now journey together, sharing past experiences and making new ones. We look forward to what the future holds with great joy, hope and anticipation.

While I believe that eternal joy and peace come only from relationship with our Saviour Jesus Christ, whom we celebrate especially at this time of year, I am so very thankful that He in His goodness and grace allows us to experience a beautiful measure of those four advent emotions with others here on earth. May you also experience that same hope, love, joy and peace with God and with others as you welcome the Christmas season.

1 comment:

  1. To God be the glory, great things he has done! Blessings to you and yours, too, Gwen!

    ReplyDelete