Pages

Thursday 26 June 2014

In Her Arms ~ Introduction

Just over 45 years ago, she gave birth to a 6 lb 13 oz baby girl and named her Sherry Lee. She held her in her arms, kissed her, and then did one of the hardest things a mother could ever do. She gave her to the nurse in the hopes that someone else could offer her the life that this single mother could not at that time. That baby girl was me.

In just over 24 hours, this grown girl, now named Gwendolyn, will arrive at the airport in Bermuda. My dear island mother will again hold me in her arms, she'll kiss me, but this time she'll never let me go. What follows is the story of my adoption and our imminent reunion, and the amazing grace of God that is written on every page our of lives.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Gwen! I am bawling and I am not even remotely involved in this story. Bring lots of kleenex with you!! I love you so much. You are a beautiful GIFT! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jane! You have encouraged me so often over the years and you continue to do that now! You are such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you as you go on this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Gwen,
    We are praying for you and your family as you travel to meat this amazing woman who gave you life and gave you to a family who could rise you to be the Godly woman you are now!! God bless and we look forward to the rest of the story!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie, I'm feeling very supported and strengthened for the next part of this journey!

      Delete
  5. My thoughts, prayers and sister heart are with you Gwen. Can't wait to hear about it all!

    ReplyDelete