Pages

Wednesday 22 April 2015

I Have a Hope and a Future!

If there's one thing that this crazy journey of finding my birth mom has taught me is that wherever you are in life, or whatever circumstance you find yourself in, your story is not over yet. I've been writing from the perspective of an adopted child reunited with her biological mom, but really, my story could be any of yours. Your story might centre around loss of a child or a loved one, or an addiction that is wreaking havoc, it could be loneliness, unmet needs or dreams, it could be years of silent suffering due to depression or abuse. Whatever your situation, remember that God's not done with you yet. He has promised you a hope and a future when you trust in Him...His plans for you are good! Just come to Him, surrender your life, and let him wrap His loving arms around you.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope
and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11


2 comments:

  1. Over and over, Gwen, I thank God for you in my life. I was a lonely child and you were my friend from the time we were nine. Now you encourage me spiritually. This is the race we are on -- not to compete against one another for the prize, but to spur one another on together to win the race, to see Him face to face... and one another. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, I'm so glad that we could be an encouragement to one another over the years! Thankful for the blessing of joining one another in this journey of life. xoxo

      Delete