Pages

Saturday 9 May 2015

Uniquely Blessed on Mother's Day

Recently I entered a local Mother's Day Contest in which I had to explain in 200 words or less why my mom is special. Those of you who have been following my blog know that condensing my story into less than 200 words is definitely a challenge! But here is my runner up entry:

"I not only have one special mother, but I am blessed to have two! 46 years ago, one of these wonderful women loved me enough to give me up in the hopes of offering me a life she was unable to provide for me at the time. The other special lady loved me enough to take me into her home in order to raise me and treat me as her own flesh and blood. Many years went by without my birth mom in my life, but just last year, I connected with her, and these two wonderful moms got to meet each other for the very first time last fall. Words just can't express the emotions and gratitude I felt that day when they could each thank the other for what they have done for me, and what they mean to each other. Although there is a physical distance that separates them (my birth mother is not from Canada), I am honoured to be the daughter that connects these two beautiful mothers. I am so uniquely blessed and thankful to God to be celebrating two moms this Mother's Day!"


This story may have placed second in the eyes of the local newspaper, but it will always be number one in my books.
I am definitely uniquely blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment