Pages

Monday 7 July 2014

Welcome to the Family!

Back to our trip to Bermuda...
Finding your birth mom leads to more than just finding that one special person. In my case, it means finding my birth brother as well, and discovering I have a load of extended family.  Most still live on the island, which is only 20 square miles, so you can imagine the number of relatives we have in Bermuda that you can run into at any given time! We have warned Justin that if he looks for a girlfriend there, he must first have her fill out a family history form to make sure they're not related! He quickly learned that we weren't kidding. Never mind 6 degrees of separation for us, it's more like 2 degrees!

It is quite clear that family is very important to this group, and they welcomed us all with such warmth and love. To them, it did not matter how I came to be, or that Pam gave me up for adoption, or that I suddenly appeared on the scene all these years later with my husband and 4 kids in tow. From the sincere words of welcome as we met them to the great big hugs when we left and everything in between, there is no mistaking that we were gladly welcomed into this loving family.

So blessed.

                                     



No comments:

Post a Comment