Pages

Wednesday 24 December 2014

My Christmas Just Became a Little Merrier

This year is the first year that I get to celebrate Christmas with my newly found birth mom. Well, we're not actually celebrating together, but we can certainly celebrate across the miles with one another. Last week we received a bunch of Christmas cards from Pam and Pierre, which I know for a fact were chosen with love and care.

Reading through each one still brings tears to my eyes, and I treasure the sentiments expressed on each card. To my beautiful daughter, my daughter and son-in-law, my grandson, my granddaughter... and to my sister, nephew, niece. What an awesome event in our lives that we could both send and receive hand picked cards like this at Christmas. While finding appropriate cards was not easy (I challenge you to find one that says "To my lovely Island Mom whom I just met after 45 years!") I was able to find some that didn't highlight a history of growing up and of fond memories, but rather an appreciation for having them in our lives. And that is the sincere truth. My Christmas just became a little merrier because of my beautiful Bermudian family.

No comments:

Post a Comment