Pages

Thursday 11 September 2014

You've got mail!

Today, two very special documents and two very special people arrived at my house.

A few weeks ago, I registered for the post-adoptive information package, which for adoptees, contains the original birth registration filled out by the mother in the hospital, plus the adoption papers. Because of differing birth and adoptive names, these two documents together provide the legal documentation to connect me with my birth mother. Tourists cannot stay longer than three weeks in Bermuda, so I figured that if I can prove legal Bermudian ancestry, well, should the need (or desire!) ever arise to stay longer I want to be prepared. I was told the typical 6-8 weeks for government paperwork so I was not expecting to receive this quite so early. That in itself is pretty cool, but the timing gets even better.


Today Pam and Pierre arrived in Canada for a brief visit. Words cannot express how special it was to open this document with my island mom by my side, reading over the very form she filled out all those years ago in the hospital. The timing was just incredible.

Definitely a moment to remember. Thank you, God, for yet another amazing piece to this story.

2 comments:

  1. Again with the tears! I am a weeping mess over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep that Kleenex box handy, Jane...my two moms will be meeting tomorrow. :)

      Delete